LiteGait® is a partial weight bearing device used for balance and gait training. It has the ability to life patients up from a sit to stand position, while simultaneously controlling weight bearing, posture, and balance over a slow-moving treadmill or over the ground. It creates an ideal environment for treating patients with a wide range of impairments and functional levels.
LiteGait provides proper posture, reduces weight bearing, eliminates concerns for balance, and facilitates the training of coordinated lower extremity movement. Its unique harness design not only permits unilateral or bilateral support allowing progression of the weight bearing load from non-to-full weight bearing but also allows the physical therapist to manually assist the legs and pelvis to achieve proper gait patterns.
LiteGait has provided a safe and effective environment for walking therapy for almost two decades. The benefits of the LiteGait include:
- Obtain supported suspension
- Comfortably walk in an environment free from falls
- Increase or decrease the weight bearing load on the weaker side of the body
- Learn to walk with proper upright posture
- Achieve controlled reduction of weight bearing
- Use an assistive device while being supported over ground
- Begin gait training earlier in the rehabilitation process, and at a lower level
- Have improved interaction with the therapist
- Experience a sense of accomplishment
If you are dealing with an impairment or struggle with functioning at the physical level you desire, request an appointment to try out the LiteGait at Hawaii Sports and Balance Center in Kauai. For more information, Contact Us Today at Lihue & Kapa’a, HI Centers.